The Feiyu AK4000 is a compact 3-axis gimbal stabilizer supporting up to 8.8 lb loads. It’s designed with an angled motor arm so there’s nothing blocking your camera screen, and it provides 360° pan, 230° tilt, and 360° roll motion. The gimbal features a multifunction handwheel on the side and a touchscreen LCD smart panel integrated into the handle. The handwheel allows you to control the movement of the camera in select operational modes, including pan and tilt modes, and also lets you digitally control focus and zoom with compatible cameras. Additionally, the handwheel provides external follow focus control if you add an optional, dedicated follow focus motor. Please visit the Feiyu website for a list of compatible cameras for standard operation as well as Wi-Fi focus/zoom control.
The touchscreen LCD, the joystick, and the handwheel work together to let you assign and adjust all the settings of the gimbal. The gimbal also includes the companion Feiyu ON iOS/Android app (free download) that lets you adjust settings and perform various actions remotely.
An extension rod supplied with the AK4000 can be attached to the bottom of the gimbal handle so you can comfortably hold the gimbal with both hands for select types of shots.
- Multifunction Handwheel
- High-precision magnetic induction knob allows control of focus, zoom, and camera movement in select operation modes of the gimbal, including pan and tilt modes.
- Touchscreen LCD Smart Panel
- Low-power LCD touch panel, in combination with the joystick and handwheel, allows for easy adjustment of all the gimbal’s settings. It slides left/right to display different setting options.
- Angled Motor Arm
- A beveled angle design prevents obstruction of the camera screen during shooting, allowing for better framing and monitoring.
- Manfrotto PL501 Compatible
- The AK4000 is designed with a fixed mounting plate and comes with a quick release plate. The fixed mounting plate also supports the Manfrotto PL501 quick release plate for more flexible compatibility with tripods and other camera supports.
- High-Precision Algorithms
- The AK4000 features an M4 kernel MCU, 0.02° high-precision magnetic encoding sensor, and w5 generation control algorithm with correction speed of 2000x per second, all adding up to allow high-precision operation.
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Dual Module Connection
- The gimbal can be connected over Wi-Fi to compatible devices to control photo/video capture, focus, zoom, sensitivity adjustment, white balance, and exposure value, as well as to switch modes. At the same time, the included Feiyu ON iOS/Android app can connect to your camera via Bluetooth to set up various other parameters.
- 12-Hour Battery Life
- Four included 18650 lithium-polymer batteries (2200mAh each) install into the handle to provide up to 12 hours of battery life.
- USB Expansion Interface
- A multifunction USB expansion interface lets you charge the camera and accessories.
- Pan Mode
- The roll and tilt direction are fixed and the camera moves left/right, according to the movements of the user’s hand.
- Follow Mode
- The roll direction is fixed and the camera moves left/right, up/down, according to the movements of the user’s hand.
- Lock Mode
- The orientation of the camera is fixed.
- All Follow Mode
- All three axes of the gimbal follow the user’s hand movements.
- Autorotation Mode
- One of the selectable modes of operation is an autorotation mode that allows you to assign a pre-set travel route for standard video capture as well as time-lapse photography.
- 1/4″-20 Mounting Holes
- A 1/4″-20 threaded mounting hole on the bottom of the handle allows extending the length of the gimbal with an extension rod (included with the AK4000), as well as mounting it on various other supports. The gimbal also offers 1/4″-20 threaded holes in the following locations for attaching accessories: on the top of the sliding arm of the tilt axis, behind the tilt motor, at the front of the fixed plate, and on the pan motor.